Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 4: Time to leave paradise.

big sigh....... It was time to go. We woke up and strolled downstairs for the breakfast we had accustomed to: home made pancakes, eggs, spicy sausage and coffee!!! Everything here tastes so different. Everything is fresh and full of flavor. The waitress mentioned that everything they buy is from local farms and it makes such a huge difference.

We packed everything up and loaded up the bikes... I didn't want to leave the place that I almost didn't stay at because it had no A/C. What a spoiled brat I thought to myself... city slicker girl had no A/C and it was such a big deal at first. I was so blinded by what really matters up there. These people were so welcoming and genuinely nice, it's such a different pace from what I was used to at first, but after settling in it felt like home. I literally took the time to breath the fresh air and smell the flowers (as you can see by my garden pictures) and it was heaven. It wasn't what my trip was about at first, I just wanted to scare the crap out of myself ridding my self silly on the twisties (and I did...lol) , but it turned out to be something a bit more special and meaningful. It turned out to be about the simple things in life and how we tend to forget about them in our day to day rushed lives.

Evidence of last night's late night round table B.S. session. Suches is in a dry county, but you can BYOB and some did indeed...Kentucky Whiskey nonetheless!

One last portrait of the bikes....


One last look at paradise...

We began our decent onto the main highway and headed for Jacksonville. The weather was great up until we got the Jacksonville. We were greeted by chilly temps (at least for a S. Floridian) and some rain.

No comments: